This is a trivia blog for trivia lovers. Trivia quizzes will (hopefully) be posted on a weekly basis, depending on popularity. Each quiz will have four categories which will vary each time. Each category will have one to two questions. Questions will be structured in such a way so that they will be very hard to look up on the Internet. Sorry cheaters! If you have suggestions for categories or questions, please email me at heather.borra@gmail.com.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Quiz Four Results

Congratulations AGAIN to Craig for winning last week's quiz! He will receive a free song from iTunes!

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: I will be vacationing with my family from the last week in July to the first week in August. We will be staying at a house with no dishwasher, no washer/dryer, and only one bathroom on the inside (the other bathroom is in the backyard). Needless to say I will not have Internet access. So it looks like there will be no quizzes those weeks. I'm toying with the idea of having a guest quizmaster. If the blog is really popular by that point, I may just have too.

Here are the answers to Quiz Four:

Botany

1) This week I was doing some gardening in my mother’s yard. I was planning on planting a tree that is tallest of all flowering evergreen plants, but decided against it cause it is poisonous to cats. What tree was I thinking of planting?

Eucalyptus.

2) Which branch of botany is concerned with the study of trees and woody plants?

Dendrology.

Disgusting (Cockroach) Facts

1) Humans can withstand 18 g’s of pressure. How many can a cockroach stand?

126.

2) A cockroach can live without its head for several days. However, it will eventually die, but from what?

Starvation.

Literature

1) In 1931, what book was banned in China because humans and animals used the same language?

Alice in Wonderland.

2) Name the novel and author from which the following quote originated”
“The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself, with desire for what its monstrous laws have made monstrous and unlawful.”

The Picture of Dorian Grey.


U.S. History

1) Name the famous historical figure pictured below:

John Adams

2) Name 2 of the 3 authors of The Federalist Papers.

James Madison, John Jay, Alexander Hamilton

2 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

I didn't realize that eucalyptus was an evergreen. I also can't believe I didn't think of Dorian Gray. I got Oscar Wilde, but A Picture of Dorian Gray seems almost obvious now.

Have fun on the vacation, but I don't know if I could survive without net access much less any of the rest for a couple weeks.

12:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1)mouse
2)nepal and tibet
3)bern(e)
4)your teeth
5)false
6)mt. vesuvius blew
7)Secretary of State

12:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home