This is a trivia blog for trivia lovers. Trivia quizzes will (hopefully) be posted on a weekly basis, depending on popularity. Each quiz will have four categories which will vary each time. Each category will have one to two questions. Questions will be structured in such a way so that they will be very hard to look up on the Internet. Sorry cheaters! If you have suggestions for categories or questions, please email me at heather.borra@gmail.com.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Trivia Quiz Two

Welcome to The Trivia Exchange's second weekly quiz! This quiz will be open until Friday night at midnight. The winner (person with the most correct answers) wins one free song from iTunes! The winner will be announced next Saturday.

And now for the Quiz:

Geology

1) What epoch are we currently in?

2) What is the mineral halite most commonly known as?

Famous Inventors

1) What common household product did Willis Haviland Carrier invent in 1902?

2) The man who invented sun tan lotion was also the founder of what company?

Money

1) What is the main country that uses the currency depicted in the following picture?













2) The other day I was watching a scene in a movie where a guy walked up to a bar and ordered a drink and paid for it in a currency called “chits.” What movie was I watching?

Food and Drink

1) Name the only food that can be sent through the mail with no packaging.

2) What fruit has the highest amount of calories?

Please participate by hitting the comments link below and commenting with your answers. Answers cannot be accepted any other way. Please leave some sort of identifying information (first name, website, etc.) so I can contact you.

Thanks and good luck!

2 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

Lets' try this again and see if I can post it in the right spot this time.

1. The I'veheardthisbutcanneverrememberocene epoch.

2. Salt

1. I'd say AC, because there's a company named Carrier, but this seems way too early. Maybe the refrigerator?

2. Dupont?

1. Austrailia

2. I'm guessing the movie must not be based in an actual country, because there would be multiple movies. So...Serenity?

1. A coconut?

2. Avocado?

12:20 PM

 
Blogger Esther said...

Geology
1. I have no idea.
2. Ok, I don't know this one either.

Inventors
1. I'm guessing the shopping bag - carrier bags in England
2. Coppertone?

Money
1. Australia
2. I'm going to guess Dirty Harry.

Food and Drink
1. I like Craig's answer, but since I need something else, I'll go with Jerkey.
2. Avocado - though it's probably the one with the most fat.

12:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home