This is a trivia blog for trivia lovers. Trivia quizzes will (hopefully) be posted on a weekly basis, depending on popularity. Each quiz will have four categories which will vary each time. Each category will have one to two questions. Questions will be structured in such a way so that they will be very hard to look up on the Internet. Sorry cheaters! If you have suggestions for categories or questions, please email me at heather.borra@gmail.com.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Trivia Quiz One

Welcome to the first official Trivia Exchange weekly quiz! The winner (person with the most correct answers) wins one free song from iTunes! The winner will be announced next Saturday.

And now for the Quiz:

Geography

1) If I were to visit Prince Albert, Queen Victoria and Peter Pan, what location would I be in? (I am looking for a place name and the city it is in)

2) In the following picture, which country is highlighted in green? (Click for larger version)








U.S. Government

1) After the Speaker of the House, who is next in line for presidential succession?

2) Which amendment to the U.S. Constitution gave Congress the right to collect an income tax?

The Human Body

1) Which fingernail grows the fastest?

2) If I fell off my bike and broke the smallest bone in my body, what specific part of my body did I probably land on?

Big Words

1) What’s the instrument used to measure blood pressure?

2) What celebration is the focus of an epithalamium?


Please participate by hitting the comments link below and commenting with your answers. Answers cannot be accepted any other way. Please leave some sort of identifying information (first name, website, etc) so I can contact you.

Thanks and good luck!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monaco.

Uganda.

Subway Sandwich Artist E wing, The Pentagon??

The 1st amendment?

I have no idea, but it better not be one of those answers where the thumbnail actually grows the quickest, but since that is "tehcnically not a finger" it is the second fastest - this would be LAME.

pinkie toe

bloodpressure o'matic

something greek, I guess. I have no idea.

-stevek

9:39 AM

 
Blogger Craig said...

Geo:

1. Hmm...the way it's phrased, I'm thinking theaters and cemetaries, but that doesn't help me much. Maybe a cemetery with a Peter Pan memorial? I have no idea?

2. Chad? Have I mentioned I stink at geography?

Gov:

1. I think it's Secretary of State

2. 14th?

Human:

1. IIRC, the middle finger on the dominant hand.

2. Your ear. (Ow)

Words:

1. Sphygmomamometer (that's as close as my spelling can get)

2. No idea. I look at this one and all I can think is epidermis.

That was a lot of fun. This is a really well put together quiz. Thanks for taking the time to do it. I'll definitely be back.

4:17 PM

 
Blogger Esther said...

I really don't know the answers, but I saw you on Craig's blog so I figured I'd check it out.

Geography
1. Yeah, somewhere in England. Though I'm guessing not London.
2. I haven't the foggiest. Rwanda? The Congo? If it were a map of Europe I might fare better.

Gov't
1. I'm stealing Craig's answer of Speaker of the House
2. I should ask my brother, he had to know the Constitution for law school.

Human Body
1. For me, that would be my pinkie finger
2. Pinkie toe?

Big Words
1. Blood pressure cuff thingie. I know it has a nice name and all, but really...
2. Epithets?

12:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home