This is a trivia blog for trivia lovers. Trivia quizzes will (hopefully) be posted on a weekly basis, depending on popularity. Each quiz will have four categories which will vary each time. Each category will have one to two questions. Questions will be structured in such a way so that they will be very hard to look up on the Internet. Sorry cheaters! If you have suggestions for categories or questions, please email me at heather.borra@gmail.com.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Quiz Six: Special Edition!

Welcome to The Trivia Exchange's sixth weekly quiz! This quiz will be open until Saturday night at midnight. The winner (person with the most correct answers) wins one free song from iTunes! The winner will be announced next Sunday. Please participate by hitting the comments link below for this entry and commenting with your answers.

UPDATE: Since it is now Friday at midnight and no one has taken the quiz, I 'm extending it an additional week. This quiz will close next Friday (7/14/06) at midnight.

In honor of Independence Day, this week will be the all U.S. History and Government questions.

And now for the quiz:

1) Anne Hutchinson, the famous puritan dissident, is also a direct ancestor to three U.S. presidents. Name two.

2) When did the Bill of Rights go into effect?

3) What were "Stonewall" Jackson’s first and second real names?

4) How many amendments have been made to the U.S. constitution?

5) Which amendment instated a presidential term limit?

6) The man who assassinated President James Garfield belonged to a religious cult, which later became a major silverware company. What was the name of this group?

7) In what magazine was The Battle Hymn of the Republic first published?

8) What form of government does the United States have?

6 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

I tend to suck at history, but let's try anyway.

1. I'll guess Adams, Adams and Monroe
2. 1787
3. All I can think is Andrew, which I know is wrong. So, how about Jim Bob.
4. 26
5. 17
6. Oneida? That's all the silverwear I can think of.
7. The New Yorker (was it even around then?)
8. Representative Democracy or Republic

10:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Justt stopping by to leave a comment, you've intrigued me, I'll try this later!

1:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to all the animal and health Q's :(

1. George H. Bush, and the W!, :), j/k, I don't know...

2. July 1776

3. Samuel Thomas

4. 27 (28 if they do the FMA ahhh!)

5. ummm...22! :) you know I had to pick that number

6. Oneida

7. New York Times

8. Democracy (wow, this one almost seems a little too easy...I feel like I could be wrong about this one)

10:03 AM

 
Blogger E said...

1)I'm going to say...Nixon, Monroe.
2)1776
3)Mary Anne
4)Just under a dozen I think...hmmm
5)Late one. right after FDR
6)Oneida? they were free love types. but really wierd free love.
7)Stars and Stripes? hahaha. no really...Saturday Evening Post
8)Representative Democracy.

2:15 PM

 
Blogger Matt said...

Yeah... Well, I didn't know a single one, but I was able to look them all up pretty easily, and since I figured that wasn't the point of your trivia quiz, I abstained. I'm really only good at movie trivia anyway. Craig can attest to that.

11:19 AM

 
Blogger Craig said...

I can also point out that judging from my answers, I'm also only good at movie trivia.

9:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home